Updated Pretrial Services Caseworker
$17.80/hour ($37,024.00/annually), plus benefits (Sarasota County Government position)
The Twelfth Judicial Circuit is accepting applications for a Pretrial Services Caseworker vacancy in Sarasota County. The position is in the Intake Unit. The Intake Unit is a 24-hour operation, with two 12-hour shifts. There will be a 6% shift differential for working nights once training is completed.
A few of your daily responsibilities
- Interview defendants and victims;
- review criminal histories, backgrounds, and verify information;
- conduct mental health and substance abuse assessments;
- write reports for the Court; and
- attend court hearings.
Some of the skills, knowledge and abilities needed
- Effective and concise written and oral communication;
- knowledge of investigative and fact-gathering techniques;
- ability to observe, interpret, assess and record behavioral events;
- ability to organize and prioritize work;
- ability to take effective action and exercise sound judgment in emergency or crisis situations; and
- ability to interact with individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
A BA/BS from an accredited college or university with a major in criminal justice, social or behavioral science or related field. You must obtain certification by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) as a Florida Crime Information Center/National Crime Information Center (FCIC/NCIC) operator within six (6) months of appointment.
The Sarasota County Government benefit package includes health, dental and vision insurance; supplemental insurance (cancer, disability, and accident); Florida Retirement System membership; and paid time off.
Apply directly through the Sarasota County Career Oppportunities page. Cover letters are encouraged.
You must complete the online application to be considered for this position.