Administrative Assistant II - Court Counsel
Manatee County Judicial Center
State of Florida Position Number
Immediately (open until filled)
$36,863.10 (non-negotiable); paid monthly at $3,071.93/month. The incumbent will be eligible for State of Florida benefits, including Florida Retirement System service credit.
The Court Counsel Office of the Twelfth Judicial Circuit is currently hiring for an Administrative Assistant II to provide administrative and clerical support for the department, which conducts legal research and drafts written orders for the judges of the circuit. The incumbent works independently under the general supervision of the circuit’s General Counsel, but assists the circuit’s staff attorneys, as well as law school interns throughout the year.
Daily tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving, reviewing and assigning to staff attorneys new motions from the Clerk of Court or judges’ offices;
- Processing and assisting in the preparation of attachments for drafted orders;
- Communicating with jail and Clerk of Court staff to obtain information related to motions and drafted orders;
- Maintaining and reporting department statistics.
Paralegal experience is preferred; prior legal or court experience is required. Also required of the qualified candidate is a proven work history that demonstrates the following:
- High level of skill with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as basic office equipment such as multi-line phones and copy, scanner and fax machines;
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information;
- Courteous and professional demeanor in dealing with colleagues professionals and the public;
- Experience organizing and prioritizing daily tasks as well as special assignments;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
Email (preferred), fax or mail resumes, cover letter and completed State of Florida Employment Application to Human Resources Manager, Court Administration, P.O. Box 48927, Sarasota, FL 34230; fax (941) 861-7904; email Human Resources.
If you do not submit a State of Florida application, you will not be considered. If you have submitted a State of Florida application directly to the Twelfth Judicial Circuit within the past 12 months, please indicate--you will not be required to submit a new application.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Criminal Background Check. The Florida State Courts System is a criminal justice agency.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, or disability. If you need an accommodation in order to participate in the application/selection process, please call 941‑861‑7811.
Pursuant to 110.205(2)(c) of the Florida Statutes, employment with the State Courts System is not covered under the Career Service System and all employees of the State System serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority and do not attain tenure rights.