Judge Lynn N. Silvertooth Judicial Center
Open until filled
$49,000/year including Sarasota County Government benefits
Click here to learn more about SCG benefits!
The Twelfth Judicial Circuit has an opening for an IT Professional I position, working with Court Administration in Sarasota County. Schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and on call as needed. Applicants must be flexible, with ability to work shifts, weekends and holidays as assigned.
Plans, organizes, implements software and databases
· Assist staff with installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, and software;
· Coordinates the requesting and installation of other elected officials software applications on Circuit desktops.
Provides technical support and guidance to end users
· Installs, maintains and provides support for hardware, software and peripheral components.
· Provides timely responses to client, users, and management requests.
· Answers user inquiries in-person, via telephone, and email concerning system operation; diagnoses system hardware, software and end user problems; recommends or performs remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation.
· Maintains daily operation of courtroom technology (audio visual, technology carts, projectors, workstations)
Creates and analyzes reports
· Produces reports to determine hardware refresh schedules.
· Prepares and reports copier statistics to vendor.
Creates and maintains database records
· Developed and maintains Circuit county and state hardware and software inventory database.
Trains employees on the use of hardware, software and reports
· Instructs Circuit users in use of equipment, software and manuals.
Acts as liaison to other user groups
· Interacts with county and other elected officials IT staff.
Assist IT Staff
Assists other members on the team on projects with a willingness to learn new technology and skills, become a technical lead on projects, and grow in the position.
A minimum of a two (2) year degree with 1 - 2 years experience -OR- a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field. Prefer two (2) years related business work experience and use of related software programs. Experience may substitute for formal education at discretion of management.
Sarasota County's Employee Health and Benefits Mission is: Exceptional resources dedicated to providing premiere services to enhance the quality of life, health and culture of our employees and their families.
Click here to learn more!
Apply directly through the Sarasota County Government Opportunities Page.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Criminal Background Check. The Florida State Courts System is a criminal justice agency.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, or disability. If you need an accommodation in order to participate in the application or selection process, please call 941-861-7811.
Pursuant to 110.205(2)(c) of the Florida Statutes, employment with the State Courts System is not covered under the Career Service System and all employees of the State System serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority and do not attain tenure rights.
As a state or county-funded court employee, you will become eligible for healthcare, retirement savings through a self-directed investment plan or a dedicated pension plan, paid time off plus 12 paid holidays each year.
Court employees become eligible for tuition programs and career advancement programs to grow or enhance leadership skills.
Court employees can expect a safe and diverse work environment with managers that want to help you succeed.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability. If you need an accommodation in order to participate in the application/selection process, please call (941) 861‑7811 or the Florida Relay Service, 711 or 1 (800) 955‑8771
Human Resources Manager