The Manatee County Historic Courthouse was built in 1912 by the Falls City Construction Co. in the neoclassical architectural style. Taking only sixteen months to construct, it is one of the first buildings to be erected in Bradenton using reinforced concrete. At one time, the county jail was housed on the fourth floor and a dome rested on the roof. In 1925, the dome was removed because it was a fire hazard, and in 1966, an addition was made to the south of the building.
The building now serves as the office for the Manatee County Clerk of Circuit Court & Comptroller.